- Crayon Rocks are simply the best coloring tool for young children!
- They are designed to strengthen the tripod grip muscles in young children, preparing fingers and hands for handwriting.
- The shape allows small fingers to apply color in large, wide strokes.
- They are vibrantly colored and make beautifully textured artwork similar to oil pastels.
- These all-natural soy wax crayons are made from USA grown soybeans and colored with non-toxic pigment powders.
About Crayon Rocks
Crayon Rocks were invented by a special education teacher who saw a need to help young children, especially those with developmental disabilities, grow and train their tripod grip muscles so that writing would be easy and art fun. The perfect rock fell into my hands while repotting a plant. It can only be gripped and used with those all important three fingers: thumb, first and second. "How cool is that!" were the cries of my students. And then we all agreed that the colors had to be rich, vibrant and easy to apply. Thus was born the USA made Kentucky soy wax crayons that are ALMOST an oil pastel. Beautiful color that goes on paper with easy broad strokes. Perfect for the threenagers and older youngsters in your life.